Thursday 22 January 2015

Things my planner has taught me

Maybe it's a little early in the morning for being philosophical but introducing a planner into my life has brought in more change than is expected. A few weeks in and I literally couldn't live without it. So here are a few things I've learnt so far:

1. You can never have enough stickers or post-it's

Despite having acquired quite a stash, I've already discovered there are times where I wish if only I had these stickers or those sticky notes. There is such a vast array of themes and designs available for decorating my planner, I still don't always have what I need!

2. Positive vibes

For some reason having my week all mapped out for me in colourful splendir just makes me cheerful. I'm prone to feeling low, but so much less so with my trusty planner.

3. Organisation is wonderful

I've spent so much of my life being disorganised, I'm totally in love with being organised. Not only have I mapped out my whole week including those chores I normally forget, this week I managed to prepare a whole weeks lunches so all I have to do is grab it from the fridge. This works really well with my goal to eat better, as I'm no longer filling my lunch box with quick fixes and I'm fuller so I snack less.

4. Paper doesn't forget

One of the big driving forces for the decision to start a planner was the tragic loss of my key dates from my iPhone! I suddenly no longer knew appointments nor the date of my in laws golden wedding anniversary. So far my tweed hasn't let me down!

5. I actually get stuff done

All those things I would normally swear blind I didn't have time to do, I've suddenly found are getting done simply by just sitting down and mapping out my week. In fact I'd swear I'm getting more done and have more free time, it's incredible! 

Basically, I'm so glad I have my planner in my life. In a short time it's become my lifeline and I can't imagine life without it.

5 comments:

  1. I have found exactly the same thing with my planner. I was so sure I would hate using a planner when I first get it, but now can't live without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found exactly the same thing with my planner. I was so sure I would hate using a planner when I first get it, but now can't live without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Joss, it's my lifeline now.

      Delete
  3. "Paper doesn't forget." So true. I love that.

    ReplyDelete