Monday 15 February 2016

The Happy Planner

Morning all. what a happy day this is! To put icing on the cake I've been itching to get my hands on a Happy Planner for a while now, and for a cheeky £10 from Amazon it's finally a reality. It took a little while to get here as it had to come from the States, but it was worth the wait.


I opted for the blue stripey cover, as it has this gorgeous quote on it. I plan on using this to plan meals and housework when we move into our house, and thus far the planner seems perfect for the job, though I may not be able to resist planning a week or two in the planner beforehand!

One thing that bugged me a little, was that the cover seems a bit flimsy. I'd expected it to be much thicker, but it's more like a laminated sheet. The design is still gorgeous, but that's the only thing I would change.


Whilst the front page isn't much to get excited about, it's colourful enough, and I did have to remind myself that this isn't a filofax. I'm sure it would be easy enough to print another front page, but it doesn't bother me that much, so I think I'll leave it as it is,


Each month has its own divider which is decorated to match the theme of that month, so February's is slightly romantic. I really like this feature, especially as the page next to it has space for the big things for that coming month. There's reminders for birthdays, special events and other things you mustn't forget as well as goal setting. This is really handy, especially when you've got lots of birthdays coming up in a month.


The weekly overview undecorated might seem unexciting at first glance, but actually the layout is lovely. The day is broken up into morning, afternoon and evening. The nice thing being that there are a plethora of stickers out there, so gaps can be filled with pretty things, to do lists, whatever floats your boat really. 

The paper is lovely and think, I haven't tested yet, but I'm fairly certain you could use markers on the page without bleeding or shadowing. This is quite exciting as it opens up greater variety in terms of decorating, as I often have to be quite careful what I use in my Filofax. I also love that there are inspirational quotes on the bottom of the page. I'm a big fan of quotes, and think these are a big pick me up, especially when you sit down to plan.


The rings are super cute, as they have these little hearts in them. This planner came with gold rings, but you can change them although the idea frightens me at the moment! I like the idea that you can so thoroughly customise a planner to your specification and taste. Who knows, I might get brave and try some blue rings?


There's just one catch, you might find yourself spending ages trying to get the hearts to all line up if you're a bit of a perfectionist. This was as close as I got, but I'm still trying! I'll get there, honest!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment