Saturday 7 February 2015

The Liebster Award



I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by the very lovely Joanny over at her amazing blog which you should totally check out! If she hadn't nominated me, I would have nominated her. This was a really lovely thing to do and a great opportunity to share some of the lovely blogs I've been following too.

Now there are certain rules involved with the Liebster Award which comes from the German meaning 'beloved' or 'lovely'. It is awarded to bloggers by other bloggers as a means of recognizing their efforts and showing appreciation.

The rules are as follows:


  • You must post 11 random facts about yourself
  • You must answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
  • You must nominate 11 other bloggers to do the same
  • You need to let your nominees know they have been nominated 


11 Random Facts about me

1. I am a huge Greenday fan and have seen them live five times.

2. My favourite place in the world is Disneyland Paris.

3. I hoard pens. I seriously have a problem!

4. My favourite thing to eat is afternoon tea with scones, jam and cream.

5. I love the colour red.

6. Driving utterly terrifies me, I panic if I have to drive.

7. I would wear pyjamas all day every day if I could.

8. I studied for my degree through the Open University. My degree is in Literature but I want to do my Masters in SEN.

9. My camera is like an extra limb, I could not live without it.

10. My mum is my hero.

11. I wanted to be a paleontologist growing up but changed my mind when my family started comparing me to Ross Gellar from Friends. 

Questions Joanny asked me

1. Do you love reading? If yes what is your favourite book(s) of all time?

I love reading, it's one of my favourite things to do, so much so I studied Literature for my degree. I don't know if I could choose a favourite book though, there's a few that have stuck with me over the years. These are 'The Lord of the Flies', 'A Handmaid's Tale', 'The Yellow Wallpaper', 'Pride and Prejudice' and 'The Other Side of Truth'. My favourite when I was a little girl was 'The Folk of the Faraway Tree' by Enid Blyton.

2. What's the weather like right now as you look out the window?

It's grey and cloudy here today, but it doesn't look like it's windy which is a bit of a reprieve. I don't like the wind.

3. What was the last movie you watched?

Guardians of the Galaxy. I love a good Marvel movie and really enjoyed this one. Groot was my favourite character.

4. What is your favourite quote?

If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely. - Roald Dahl

Sometimes it's too easy to get bogged down with all the hard stuff, this reminds me to think about the happy things too.

5. What do you love most about blogging?

There's lots of things I love about blogging, so it's really hard to decide what I love most. Although I enjoy taking pictures and writing, I think the best bit is the opportunity it gives me to share what I love with people who love it too but also to meet people who have those interests. Certainly my family appreciate that I'm not boring them to death with how exciting my planner is or how lovely my sticky notes are!

6. Do you have any pets?

Yes. I have four chickens: Pookie, Mavis, Bob and Trigger. Pookie and Mavis are my favourites as they have big fluffy feathers on their feet so they look like they're wearing boots. We're also getting kittens in a couple of weeks but they don't have names just yet.

7. Chocolate or Vanilla?

Oooo that depends. If it's icecream, which I'm not a huge fan of, it's vanilla as I don't like flavours however if it's cake then it has to be chocolate every time.

8. Would you rather it rained all year or snowed all year?

I think I'd choose snow so long as I don't have to go out in it too often. I love how it makes the landscape all dreamy and is so pretty to look at. Besides, what better excuse to snuggle up inside with a nice mug of tea in my PJs!

9. Would you describe yourself as a funny or quiet person?

I think I'm quite funny, I'm certainly loud and a bit quirky. If I could I would have pink hair and I can certainly be quite boisterous too. 

10. What is the one song that will always get you up and dancing?

I enjoy a good boogie so it doesn't take a lot, but one that certainly takes me back is 'jump' by System of A Down, which was the song my friends and I would all dance to on a Friday night, even if it wasn't actually playing at the time!

11. What is your blogging tip?

Write about what you love and don't force it. I've found writing about things I enjoy so much more natural. I once tried blogging as a study journal during a module I hated. In theory it was supposed to keep me motivated... The blog was boring and no one read it, frankly I'm not surprised. I try to just let the words come then proof read afterwards to check for spelling and grammar. If I don't enjoy writing it, why would anyone else enjoy reading it?

My Nominations











My questions to you

  1. You're stuck on a desert island. What three things do you take with you?
  2. Watch the movie or read the book?
  3. Which three words describe you best?
  4. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
  5. Sweet or Savoury?
  6. What is your favourite colour?
  7. If you were any fictional character who would you be and why?
  8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
  9. What are you drinking today?
  10. What is your pen(s) of choice?
  11. When did you get your first planner?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I love Pride and Prejudice too. Aww why did u change ur mind coz of Ross. I thought Ross was cool lol. Plus the name 'paleontologist' itself sounds cool 😊
    Hope u had fun doing this 😊
    Joanny 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed doing this!

      Ross is cool but thirteen year old me didn't see it that way at the time :-( still I love my job so maybe it's not all bad :-)

      Delete
  2. thank you for this nomination!! (o✪‿✪o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Your blog is lovely! :-)

      Delete